...bottom of page
This page will be a running list of information, plans, and news on website development.... The big thing to remember is that the design and development is being done on a volunteer basis, so please be patient. Every attempt will be made to add functionality as rapidly as possible, but all the good ideas may not be able to be included; especially if paying clients schedule all available development time.
The basic intent of this site is to empower the PTC and Staff to edit and maintain their own 'areas', as well as offer a new venue of communication between parents, staff, and the PTC. There are a number of tools that allow the site to be 'self-maintained' to avoid the expense of a full time IT staff. Parents can maintain their personal profiles and contact information, Staff will have their own pages to communicate activities and plans to Class parents, and PTC will have tools to contact parents regarding Events.
You will notice that a lot of the features REQUIRE you to register... This is to protect your contact information from spambots and general use by the Internet. I look forward to leveraging the power of the Internet, increasing everyone's Internet 'savvy', and getting our kids and staff using all this new technology to its fullest.
Dan Baker, webmaster and Parent
- Addition of Newsletters and Minutes to site... not viewable by non-Members
- Addition of 'big event' detail pages as we go thru the year. We'll list details, contacts, and major sponsors as they sign up.
- ... TBD ... contact
Dan Baker with your ideas, and we'll discuss.
Whats been done....
- 8/29/2009 - Database was cleaned out for SY09-10 and parents are beginning to update profiles to show current rosters. Some reporting tools were added to help identify and edit parent profiles that are missing information.
- 7/10/2007 - PTC Board confirms that we want to try and have a more interactive website.
- 8/10/2007 - Bare bones of site available online.
- 8/13/2007 - Revisions to Member Profile data fields and teacher roster to capture required student info for Directory in preparation for registration.
- 8/14/2007 - Made all pages edittable by designated Member(s). Added direct edit links in nav menus, and ChangeDetection where appropriate.
- 8/21/2007 - Revisions to online Directory to list students sorted by Classroom and Parent(s) by Member last name
- 8/23/2007 - added functionality to 'Directory by class' to allow teachers to email whole class, sort the classes, and navigation button links to each class section on the side as the page gets longer when everyone registers.
- 8/30/2007 - Addition of Teacher-Pages... they can use to post info to parents. The concept is that each Teacher can have their own page, and will be enabled to edit an Announcement Area. Classroom parents can use ChangeDetection for auto-email, or Teacher can 'push' email to registered class Members.
- 8/30/2007 - Added an event-specific page for the Innsbruck wrapping paper fundraiser.
- fixed the directory by classroom to display correctly on MSIE browsers.
- 9/24/07 Addition of a 'About the PTC' page that will include the Mission, Bylaws, Duty descriptions of the Board and Volunteers, and other info
- 9/29/07 Addition of a link at the bottom of the homepage to the Babelfish utility that automatically translates the website to (kinda bad) Spanish automatically.
- 10/6/07 Added Paypal 'Donate' buttons for direct donation drive
- 10/9/07 Set up Class Rep parents to enable them for mass email to 'their' registered class parents.
- 1/5/08 Added a index page to list clubs/groups that want to have a page online. First request went to computer club....